Hello to all Otonabee squares dancers!
- Next weekend on Sunday 29th Jan we will be hosting our 3rd Annual FROST FLING dance.
- We have another caller to share the stage with Wayne. This year we invited Dave Williamson who is a caller from Guelph. In addition to being a caller he is also President of the Toronto & District Square Dance Association. He is a fantastic caller (and singer) and is very supportive to new dancers.
- The dance level will be mainstream and basic so all the dancers currently dancing on Monday night will be comfortable with whatever is called. (The new dancers currently in lessons will not be able to dance but are welcome to come, free of charge, to watch).
- As hosts I ask you all to step forward and help make this event a great success. Right now the long range weather forecast looks good!
- We ask all our members to bring something in the way of food; singles should get together and share doing up veggie or fruit platters or even sandwiches. A sign up sheet will be there on Monday night. We need help setting up; kitchen and clean up. If we all do a little it is not too much for anyone person. But MOST IMPORTANT please plan to attend!
- Dress code is ladies should wear skirts (does not have to be crinolines!) and those ladies dancing as men have the option of pants or skirts. Men should wear long sleeved shirts.
- Location: Westdale United Church, 1509 Sherbrooke St. W. Peterborough 2-4:30pm
- Many in the square dance community are watching our club with interest. (Even in Ottawa they are interested in the success of our club) They are amazed that we have grown in such a short time to be such a great club. This is due to all of you who have come out regularly, brought in friends and continue to make every Monday night such a fun time.
- General notes: On Feb 6th the new dancers will be joining us on Monday nights. Please make them feel welcome and introduce yourself.
- We have two Tuesday lessons left. The more experienced dancers (yes even if you just started last September you are a more experienced dancer!) who come out and help, the better the new dancers will be when they join with us on Mondays. So you are not only helping them but the quality of your own dancing on Mondays will be better. Also you become a better dancer when you learn to help others.
- Some who have attended every new class will be earning their “angel” dangle.
- On Feb 13th we will have a Valentine Party – Make you own Ice-Cream Sundae.
- Sunday, Feb 19th – Mainstream Dance at George Street United Church 2-4:30pm
- Remember to “lug a mug”. Save all that styrofoam!
- Talking of mugs, a couple of members are looking for two lost mugs. One is an insulated mug with a Saturn logo on it and the other is a china mug with a “lavender” motif. If anyone found these let us know.